We’re very glad you’re here! This is the low-toxicity community home for fans of all things EVE. More specifically, this is your Start Page: a quick guide to how Just About works and how to get the most from your new digital home.
Bounties are challenges with real-money rewards. They may ask you to create or share something your community will enjoy, or to accomplish something, like destroying a supercapital with naught but a Drake and Bob’s favour.
- Check a bounty post (like this one) for a full breakdown, including the all-important rewards.
- Prep your submission and when it’s ready, click ‘Submit to this bounty’. (The ‘reply’ button isn’t for submissions, only for ordinary comments on the bounty post!)
- After a bounty closes, winning submissions are judged by the reactions and comments they’ve inspired and by how well they fit the brief. If yours is among them, we pay the promised reward into your platform wallet - and sometimes we’ll use it to make a piece of curated content.
If a comment or discussion of yours draws member reactions - you’ll notice that all our reactions are positive - then a modest payment might land in your wallet. That’s an organic reward.
Organic rewards are another way to earn from Just About, and they’ll rack up over time, but unlike bounties they aren’t really something you can plan for. They’ll just happen when enough people find your contributions helpful, funny, or otherwise positive, like a benevolent chime in the background music.
How to connect social accounts
You can connect a range of social accounts to your Just About profile and we invite you to post content you’ve made on other platforms - in fact, it’s required to submit to certain bounties, as it helps us to verify ownership. Here’s a full explainer on how to do so, but in brief:
- Click your Just About profile avatar in the top-right of the screen
- Select ‘Linked accounts’ in the drop-down that appears
- Click the ‘Connect’ button under each platform.
Note that in order to extract your earnings from Just About, you need to link a Paypal account to your profile. Here’s how to do that. Support for other payment providers is planned for the future!
Introduce yourself to your new community