Just About is a fun, welcoming, and inclusive place for all of our members.
The Community Code of Conduct is a friendly reminder that, through our actions and interactions, we each play a role in shaping the culture on the Just About platform.
We want our members to feel able to fully engage and bring their whole selves to the community, so we ask that you respect each other and the Community Code of Conduct.
You may find we’ve included things that other platforms have not, but we’re doing this because we want to raise the bar. The wellbeing of our members and our team comes first, so if that means the Just About platform is smaller than it otherwise would be, then that’s fine with us.
If a member’s behaviour shows they are unwilling or unable to follow the Community Code of Conduct, then appropriate action will be taken to ensure Just About remains the fun and welcoming platform we all want it to be.
The information given in this Code of Conduct is not exhaustive, and is subject to periodic revisions and updates.
What is included
There are two main sections below: Harmful Activity and Illegal or Deceptive Activity.
In these sections, activity relates to types of content and behaviour that we should be mindful of while on the Just About platform and our social accounts.
Content includes text, audio, images, videos, or links directing our members to these, and behaviour is both the actions we take and the manner in which we take them.
Content and behaviour is considered inappropriate when they are:
- Actual - has occurred or is actively occurring
- Implied or inferred - is suggestive, such as threats or sexual innuendo
- Encouraged - attempting to get others to participate or act
- Glorified - celebrating actions, behaviours, or beliefs
We believe the Just About platform should be a fun and welcoming environment for our members. Being exposed to harmful activity is not fun or welcoming.
Simply put, harmful activity is any content or behaviour that inflicts or depicts harm, and this does not belong on the Just About platform.
Harmful activities that are actual, implied, encouraged, or glorified, include:
- Self-harm or suicide
- Assault or graphic violence, including blood, gore, or depictions of death
- Animal abuse
- Torture, mass violence, or terrorism
- Unwanted sexual attention
- Sexual threats and sexual violence
- Sexualisation of minors and non-consenting persons
- Exposing others to sexual content, such as pornography or nudity in any form
- Bullying and intimidation
- Shaming and excessive blaming of others
- Stalking and invasion of privacy
- Extreme, excessive, or continuous profanity
Human trafficking, slavery, and dehumanisation
Glorification of hate groups and their beliefs
Making others feel less than equal, such as comparing them to animals or devaluing their experiences
Discrimination or othering based on a person’s protected characteristics, including:
- National origin
- Caste or social standing
- Citizenship or immigration status
- Race, perceived race, or ethnicity
- Sexual orientation and objectification
- Gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Religion, religious affiliation, or beliefs
- Physical and personal health
- Physical or mental disability
- Medical condition or vaccination status
- Veteran status
- Familial, marital, or partnership status
Illegal or Deceptive Activity
The internet gives people a chance to craft and experiment with their personal identities, and that’s something we fully support. We do not support the use of tools intended to empower to instead exploit and victimise others.
We expect everyone to respect all applicable local, national, and international laws, and to refrain from deceptive activities on, or relating to, the Just About platform and our members.
Regardless of the method, the intended outcome, or whether permission was granted, illegal or deceptive activities include:
Accessing or distributing information
Accessing private information from any source, such as our members or the platform, and sharing it on the Just About platform
Attempts to disrupt the normal functioning of the Just About platform
Any breach of legal protections or duties, including:
Unlawfully distributing copyrighted or stolen material
Infringements on intellectual property
Encouraging or participating in the distribution or use of harmful substances or information, including:
- Accessing, producing, or distributing child sexual abuse material (CSAM)
- Manufacturing, distributing, or the use of illegal drugs and misuse of legal substances, such as alcohol or legal drugs
- Manufacturing or distributing firearms and other weapons
Manipulation or misrepresentation
- Impersonating others, including members of the community or Just About team
- Misuse of the Just About reporting tools
- Manipulation of the platform for the benefit or harm of any member
- Any attempt to circumvent suspensions or bans
- Spreading misinformation
- Excessive use of AI-generated content, or where human input does not transform or contribute value to the output
- Any attempt to hack, cheat, or exploit Just About’s bounty, reward, or treasury systems
Again, this is not an exhaustive list, and in addition to the above, we encourage all members to understand and follow the spirit of the Code of Conduct as set out in our Core Values.
If you feel you’ve been exposed to harmful, illegal, or deceptive activity on the Just About platform, then we want you to feel supported and heard. The report button under each discussion or response empowers our members to speak up, so please don’t be afraid to use it.
We treat every report as confidential, and each one gets our full care and attention. Only Moderators and the JA team are able to see them, so you can feel safe knowing every report will be followed with an appropriate action. Finally, if anything is unclear, you can tag me ( @JasonBoomer ) or another member of the JA team in the comments. We’ll do our utmost to help and provide some clarity.